Would you like to be an active part of the Allen County Jr. Fair? Join Allen Co Jr. Fair Board! This is a group of over 35 high schoolers from 4-H, FFA, Girl Scouts, and Boy Scouts that help make the fair possible. Before you apply, be sure that you can meet our requirements.
- You must be in high school and an active member of 4-H to apply. If you wish to become an FFA, Girl Scouts, or Boy Scouts representative, please contact your advisor for information and current available openings.
- Meetings are the fourth Wednesday evening of every month. They usually last 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Meetings are very important. If you miss one, you miss a lot of information.
- Be an active member of a committee at the meetings. Some examples of committees are parade float, social media, entertainment, and team building.
- Participate in at least two workdays before the fair. There is a lot of work to make the fairgrounds ready. We offer one day in July and two days in August.
- Work shifts during the fair. You will be required to work approximately 8-10 shifts during the fair. This includes helping with livestock shows and working office shifts. We have short noon meeting everyday of the fair.
- Members usually have around 100 hours of volunteer time over the year. This is usually accepted by most schools as community service hours. (check with your school)
They also have a lot of fun. You will meet teens from across the county and make new friends.
Applications are due by October 16th and applications are online. You must attend an in person interview on Sunday, November 12th. (One day only. No makeup interviews).