Allen County 4-H Camp 2021 Update
We are very excited to be able to have camp this year! Please be patient as we are figuring out how camp will run for 2021, it will look different, but it will still be fun! Mark your calendars now!
- Allen County 4-H Camp will be offered June 27th - June 30th.
- Camper check-in will be Sunday, June 27th from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and pick up will be Wednesday, June 30th at 11:00 a.m.
- Cost will be $135 for camp. A $20 scholarship will be awarded to all campers that register in the month of May!
- Camp is for any youth 3rd - 8th grade. Due to limited cabin space, registration is first come first serve.
- Camp registration will start May 3rd and end June 15th. Registration materials are in the links below.
Please read all eight sections of the registration packet!
What is 4-H Camp?
- It's youth challenging themselves on a high ropes course, braiding a friendship bracelet, swimming in a lake, learning a line dance, and becoming lifelong friends with their cabinmates.
- It's counselors leading a nature hike, knowing the words to all the songs, creating the best skits at campfire, and making a homesick camper smile.
- It's 4-H professionals training teen counselors, recruiting adult volunteers, purchasing supplies, and setting the stage for a camper's memory of the best week of the summer.
- It's camping facilities featuring hands-on outdoor education, adventure, and challenges that develop leadership, citizenship, and life skills in young people.
- Here's what Ohio 4-H Campers had to say after their camping experiences in 2019:
- 96% either agreed or strongly agreed that they had someone to look up to at camp
- 97% said they made a new friend at camp
- 94% indicated that they learned something new
- 97% said they will recommend camp to their friends
- 98% want to return to camp next year